Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'll huff and I'll puff, and I'll blow your piggy house in!

After Stella went to bed, teeth pushing through her gums everywhere, James and I sat down to watch some Monday Night Football.  Not that concerned about the Packers or the Bears, we both drifted off into dreamland.  BA-BAB-BA-BA-BAB-BA-BAB-BAP!!!  We awoke to hail shooting down from the sky.  Rain and hail were pouring down in every direction.  I could see the windows quivering, it was so loud I'm surprised Stella didn't wake up.  We heard the thud in the garage of 250 lbs of dogs pushing up against the door to the inside.  Remus and Rowen are terrified of storms.  Leaves, limbs, and sticks were landing on our back deck that sits 20 feet high.  Hummingbird feeders and windchimes were being ripped apart.  We watched as my potted plants on the front porch flew away.  James opened the door to save my potted Crown of Thorns and the wind almost ripped the front door off the hinges.  The power went out briefly and after 20 long minutes, it was over.  I love to watch storms at the house because we have windows everywhere and we sit high up on a hill, but last night was a little scary.
I knew the llamas were just hunkered down in their carport, nothing really bothers them.  The pigs are sheltered by some trees and probably deep in the mud.  The chickens are whom I was worried about during every storm.  This morning I found all their houses overturned, perches had fallen over.  One rooster was out of the house, dazed and confused.  I'm still not sure how that happened.
So I spent some time outside today cleaning up debris, and finding doormats and such all around.

1 comment:

  1. glad I missed that storm. Glad there were not swimming pools flying around!! Did you see the witch from the wizard of Oz fly by? Rowen only wanted in the Laundry room. Those poor chickens are true survivors. If it is not the snow, the fox, the owl, the heat it is something else that disturbs their world.

    ReplyDelete